Skip to main content

Why?

Why no grocery store in 2020?

1. Have you seen all the food recalls lately?

2. I like supporting local economy.

3. I would rather do a year long challenge then make a New Year's resolution. Last year's challenge was a year of health. I went from being mostly sedentary and eating like crap, to losing 60 pounds and working out on average 5 times a week.

4. Can I do this living in a smallish town, in a trailer park without it costing a fortune? In full disclosure last year I ate fairly locally and seasonally. Using the grocery store for convenience foods because sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. I have a lot of connections that will make this a wee bit easier, such as CSA, milk, meat, grain etc

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 in the Books

So I am still sick. Man this stuff is going around pretty bad. It has made it a little bit more challenging. Mainly because even though I had food prepared all I wanted was junk food. So what did I do? I ate all the convenience food and the prepared food got frozen. I couldn't imagine what it be like to have kids and take care of them too. Hats off to all the moms out there. Waste this week: I had to throw away some celery root and jam I had in the fridge. That was 11 oz of food. I also had to through away 5 sweet potato latkes. They tasted bad. So I don't think sweet potatoe latkes are the way to go. Spending: Nothing extra spent Weight: since I ate like it was my job and I was a total rockstar at it.... I am not weighing in this week. Sometimes ya just gotta be nice to yourself

Shopping Sources

Where will I be getting my food from this year? 2 CSA's- Crisp Country Acres and Silverbeet Farm: I will do 2 because I can preserve food over the summer. Did I mention I live in a climate where we have cold weather 5 to 6 months of the year? My small garden Ferris Farm, Azure Standards, and CLNF- these websites will be for grain, beans, nuts etc Waterstreet Coffee Joint- for my coffee. The best coffee ever! Oh and it just so happens that I work there Moonique- for milk, cheese, maple sugar, olive oil, chicken Crisp Country Acres- Beef and Pork Jack and Jill- Maple Syrup and Asparagus Husteds- Cherry picking and bushels of pepper seconds 29th Street Market- pick your own herbs Long Valley Farm- Best garlic ever!!! Silverbeet Farm- Honey and small tomatoes for dehydrating Farmer's Market for all sorts of delicious things Native Harvest for wild rice Foraging- right now I can pretty much identify black walnuts from peoples yards, autum olive, and suma...