Skip to main content

Ducks are in a Row?

I think I might be ready? I have enjoyed almost all of the restaurant/convenience foods that I won't have this coming year.

I have collected some tools to make my life easier since I will be cooking 99% of all my own food (exceptions are food I have already bought, mom's home cooking, and the few occasions I go out to eat with friends).
- food processor
- coffee pot from a no buy site
- microwave (haven't had one for 18 yearsish?)
- sodastream bubbly water to replace soda

I have to say I have felt super impulsive with buying things lately. I probably could have spent 100s of dollars in "preperation" but have put the brakes on that. I keep telling my self it will all be fine. It is not like I will starve. I just have to cook... I mean I cook for others professionally, now I have to do it for me.

I will be adding penzeys and frontier herb to my buying list. However, I am hoping to not have to buy anything from any websites until Aprilish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why?

Why no grocery store in 2020? 1. Have you seen all the food recalls lately? 2. I like supporting local economy. 3. I would rather do a year long challenge then make a New Year's resolution. Last year's challenge was a year of health. I went from being mostly sedentary and eating like crap, to losing 60 pounds and working out on average 5 times a week. 4. Can I do this living in a smallish town, in a trailer park without it costing a fortune? In full disclosure last year I ate fairly locally and seasonally. Using the grocery store for convenience foods because sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. I have a lot of connections that will make this a wee bit easier, such as CSA, milk, meat, grain etc

Week 2 in the Books

So I am still sick. Man this stuff is going around pretty bad. It has made it a little bit more challenging. Mainly because even though I had food prepared all I wanted was junk food. So what did I do? I ate all the convenience food and the prepared food got frozen. I couldn't imagine what it be like to have kids and take care of them too. Hats off to all the moms out there. Waste this week: I had to throw away some celery root and jam I had in the fridge. That was 11 oz of food. I also had to through away 5 sweet potato latkes. They tasted bad. So I don't think sweet potatoe latkes are the way to go. Spending: Nothing extra spent Weight: since I ate like it was my job and I was a total rockstar at it.... I am not weighing in this week. Sometimes ya just gotta be nice to yourself

One Month In

I can't believe it is already February! Today is a beautiful sunny day here and a most welcomed change from all the grey skies and gloom from last month. I have also made it through a full month of the challenge. I feel like I have learned a lot this month about myself and my eating habits. Impulse control and planning    I have to have a loose meal plan at all times. I can't just run and get something. What has saved me this month is all the convience food I have had in the house prior to January. That and the fact that I froze, canned, and dehydrated quite a bit of food this past summer. So I have never felt like there is nothing to eat. I feel like I have saved a bit of money from not being in a grocery store and not allowing myself fast food. I think everyone knows the grocery store trap when you go in for one thing and walk out spending $80. Also, I bet I am saving $30 a week by not allowing myself fast food or supermarket sushi (stop judging me 🤣🤣🤣) I have gon...